Madonna sings and cries La Vie en Rose as a tribute to the victims of the the terror attacks in Paris. A beautiful and very moving rendition.
22:31 Paris Time : France bombs massively Daech (Islamic State) in ar-Raqqa (Syria)
The French fighters dropped 20 bombs on Sunday on the stronghold of the organization Islamic state in Raqqa , eastern Syria , destroying a command post and training camp, as has been referred by the Ministry of Defence. “The first objective was destroyed used as a command post,a jihadist recruitment center and armory and ammunition. The second objective was a terrorist training camp , ” the ministry said in a statement.
France has fighter aircraft positioned at bases in the region, in Jordan and the United Arab Emirates, which could be used in any retaliatory strikes against Islamic State in Syria and Iraq once targets have been identified.
French officials said France could step up its strikes in Syria and Iraq against Islamic State targets within days, including strikes based on the intelligence provided by the U.S.
- 132 people were killed in the brutal attacks (French BFMtv.fr stays at 129)
- 89 perished during a hostage situation in the Bataclan during an Eagles of Death Metal concert
- 352 were injured
- 99 were critically injured
Reminder: Urgency number for #ParisAttacks victims at 0800-40-60-05. The Foreign Ministry calls all " the families of the victims of the terrorist attacks of November 13 , for those who have not yet made it , to call the Inter- Cell for Victim number ( CIAV ) 0800 40 60 05 in order to benefit from assistance , " according to its statement this Sunday afternoon.
So far, one gunman has been officially identified and two suicide bombers.Omar Ismail Mostefai (we want the photo of this monster asap), 29, was identified by his finger, which was found among the rubble of the Bataclan concert hall. Police say he was one of three men who blew himself up killing 89 people in the bloodiest scene of the carnage. His father and brother, who handed himself in, are in custody and police are searching the family’s home and the homes of his friends.
His brother told the media that he had not seen Mostefai for years and said the attacks were “madness”.
Born on November 21 1985, in the poor Paris suburb of Courcouronnes, Mostefai’s criminal record shows eight convictions for petty crimes between 2004 and 2010, but no jail time.
Paris prosecutor Francois Molins said Mostefai had been singled out as a high-priority target for radicalisation in 2010 but, before Friday, he had “never been implicated in an investigation or a terrorist association”.
Investigators are now probing whether he took a trip to Syria last year, according to police sources.
France has formally identified two of the suicide bombers. The first is one of the brothers, Ibrahim Abdeslam, who blew himself up outside the Comptoir Voltaire restaurant in the 11ème. He was born on July 30, 1984. He had rented the black Seat with Belgian number plates found in Montreuil.
The second, who has not been named, is one of the three Stade de France bombers and was born on January 22, 1995.
Police release warrant for Salah Abdeslam
French police have put out a request for witnesses in search of Belgium-bornAbdeslam Saleh, calling him dangerous.
One attacker found with Syrian passport
According to the Greek Public Order Minister Dimitris Toskas, one attacker found at the Stade de France was found with a Syrian passport which was used to claim asylum in Greece in early October.
The Greek minister for citizen protection, Nikos Toskas, said the man had been registered on the Greek island of Leros in October.
“We confirm that the (Syrian) passport holder came through the Greek island of Leros on October 3 where he was registered under EU rules,” he said a statement.
However, a US intelligence official told CBS News the passport did not contain the correct numbers for a legitimate Syrian passport and the picture did not match the name and suggested it could be a fake.
A second man suspected to have been among the attackers in Paris on Friday, is “very likely” to have entered Europe though Greece, Greek government sources have told Reuters.
Francois Molins, the Paris prosecutor, said Saturday afternoon that three “terrorist teams” were involved in the attacks, and French channel BFMTV, reported gunmen at Bataclan shouted: “It’s for Syria” and “Allahu Akbar”. There were also reports the attackers mentioned France’s military actions in Syria.
The MailOnline also reported that Serbian media claimed one of the terrorists was called Ahmed Almuhamed.
The website reports that the man was carrying a Syrian passport and is aged 25.
He is believed to have blown himself up at the Bataclan concert hall where more than 80 people were killed by gunmen during the siege on Friday.
MailOnline cite Blic newspaper as reporting that the terrorist arrived with another bomber in Europe on the Greek island of Leros in October.
It is then reported he took a month to travel to France and on October 7, entered Serbia after crossing from FYROM.
Sources: Telegraph.co.uk, Reuters, Twitter, Police Nationale